VTI LTD (Mauritius)
VTI - Vocational Training Institute (Mauritius -LTD
(Vocational Training Institute) LTD is a City and Guilds Medal of Excellence Winner Institute for two consecutive years.
VTI LTD, placed Mauritius on the international level in TVET and has a proud history as Mauritius' very first private institution of Technical, Vocational and Higher Learning,
- 1975 - First private Technical Vocational and Technical Institution in Vacoas and Mauritius
- 1975 - First institution to offer the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Course
- 1983 - First institution to introduce the Pre-Vocational Training Course
- 1989 - First institution to introduce ABE-UK courses and examination in the Mauritius
- 1989 - First institution to introduce a five years continuous and equal opportunity plan - combining trade and education
- 1990 - First institution to introduce technical courses on a full-time basis in Motor Vehicle, Electrical and Electronics, Telecommunication and Electronics leading to accredited awards from the Prestigious City and Guilds of London Institute
- 1990 - First institution to introduce Auto Electrician and Auto Electricity and Electronics
- 1995 - First institution offering a very clear continuation and equal opportunity route
- 2000 - First institution and the only one to introduce IAEA (Institute of Automotive Engineers Assesors - UK) distance learning course
- 2005 - First institution to be accredited by Tertiary Education Commision (TEC) for the Engineering Degree Equivalent Engineering Council Courses and examination
- 2005 - First institution offering a multi award scheme
- First institution accredited for the Hotel and Travel Tourism courses by Association of Tourism Executives (ATE) in partnership with ASET (UK) - vision is to be a top 5 UK Awarding Body. It is a UK national awarding body recognized by : 1. Department for innovation, Universities and Skills (DIUS) - 2. Learning and Skills council (LSC) - 3. Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) in England - 4. Department for Education, lifelong learning and Skills/Dysgu Gydol Oes a Sgiliau in Wales - 5. Council for Curriculum, examinations and assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland - 6. Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) in Scotland, and by all other relevant government agencies and departments
- 2008 - First institution accredited by MQA to offer Cycle Mechanics (Bicycle, Autocycle and Motocycle Mechanics)
- 2008 - First institution accredited by MQA to offer Basic Engineering Skills (C&G 1155)
- First to iepartner with Rhodec Professional Diploma in interior design in Mauritius
- First to introduce National Safety Council of Australia in Mauritius on a market research basis
- 2011 - First institution to be accredited for Mobile service and repair course.
- 2011-first in Mauritius -Dr. Sayfoo - Founder Member,Manager and Director od studies has been nominated and awarded as 'OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION IN EDUCATION' by the Stars Group ; World CSR Day ; World Group at the Africa India Partership Forum Summit held at The Sugar Beach Resort (Mauritius) on the 14th of December 2011 where 150 Senior Leaders represented by 61 Countries were present. -
- 2012 - First institution to be accredited by city and guilds of london for Motor cycle cert/diploma /advanced diploma
- 2012 - First institution to be accredited by city and guilds of london for 8065- food preparation and culinary arts;8066-FMB;6161-Refrigeration and air conditioning;Electrical installation practice;Plumbing practice;electromechanical engineering .
- 2012-FIRST- Miss Nathacha Marie ,exam Supervisor has been awarded the City&Guilds nominee award medal of excellence for the nominee, Ananda Juggiah who has been awarded a City & Guilds Medal for Excellence in recognition of their outstanding performance in Level 1 IVQ Certificate in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. Congratulations!
- 2012- First student- ANANDA JUGGIAH has been awarded the City & Guilds Medal for Excellence for the outstanding talents in Level 1 IVQ Certificate in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning qualification. forr his inspirational success.
- 2012 First Prestigious award :Dr Sayfoo.A.R founder of VTI ltd has been successful in December 2012 in the following:
Maestría en Ciencias de Educación/Master of Education Science (MEd) UCN
Doctorado en Filosofía en Educación"/ “Doctorate of Philosophy in Education" UCN and
Been awarded the outstanding leadership award by the Indian African leadership panel board by the two African Ministers at Maritim Hotel
- 2012- First institution - Solar technologies such as photo voltaic home systems portable lamps and lighting purposes;fire and burglar alarm system with camera and control units as a module and trainingship as from 2013 for electrical and electronics studemts
- 2012- First institution to be accredited by MQA for the Advanced Technician diploma-IVQ 5 in Electrcial and electronic engineering; Motor vehicle engineering
- 2013-First institution to start online CTH-UK Hotel ,Hospitality andTourism courses at Certificate,Diploma and Advanced diploma level
- 2013- First institution to introduce swimming pool electrical installation connection/Practice with cold and hot water system as an extra/additional curriculum for the electrical & electronics/Refrigeration & air conditioning and Plumbing students
- 2013 First institution to introduce Engine Management Launch X431 Scanner
- 2015-First institution to offer double award scheme
- 2018-first institution to launch hybrid course in Mauritius
- 2020 -first institution to offer law course on vocational level 3,4 and 5 from ATHE-UK and
- 2020 -Accounting technician courses at level 2,3 and 4 from the aat-association of accounting technicians-uk
- 2021 -Introduction of a Multi Skill course with-Electrical electronics;Refrigeration and Ait conditioning and Plumbing
SO, WITH THE SO MANY "FIRST", WILL YOU MAKE US YOUR FIRST CHOICE ?